From my Perspective

This is a blog where I'll post anything at the top of my mind and a lot about my daily life and activities.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Hey All

So yesterday morning was the awards assembly at school. we had to play The Genious of Ray Charles for band and the chorus sang a few songs. I took first place in the Voice of Democracy spoken essay contest by the Veterans of Foriegn Wars. They were there to present the awards for the contest to me and the 2nd and 3rd palce winners. I won $200 in savings bonds and some medals and a certificate. Not too bad if you ask me. And also the awards were given out for all the clubs and organizations at Westwood. Later in the day was our tennis meet against Gladstone at Gladstone. I played #4 singles and had to play my best friend from gladstone Alex Wellman and of course I lost terribly because of our team's coaching (i won't go into this further). So do I quit tennis or not? Apparently i'm on JV now because of the gladstone match and i really dont see the point of being in tennis anymore. a common sign that professional athletes use to tell when they should retire from their sport is when playing the sport each and every day is no longer enjoyable. this is definetely the case for me. tennis just isn't fun. period. but i thought about it today and i think i will stay, because otherwise i really dont think i would get my varsity letter for tennsi this year, which would be pretty bad after paying $80 just to be on the team. but do the coaches actually have a contract saying a student cannot recieve his or her athletic letter without finishing the season? idk. not only that but i also ripped off a bunch of my new grip i put on my racquet handle from slipping and falling when i tried to run up to the net to return a drop shot. but as i said before, im not going into great detail about yesterday.

but today's real topic is what i did today. the paragraph above is actually yesterday's topic but i didn't feel like typing a blog entry yesterday. today i woke up and didn't feel very well (mentally and physically) so i came into school for 2nd hour. turns out i missed a tennis meeting first hour but it doesn't matter anyways now does it. the meet against ishpeming that was scheduled for tomorrow was actually today, so i missd that on account of me being sick. it seems that the school is being taken over by Sudoku puzzles printed off in the library during Mr. Bett's public address class. Easy, Medium, Hard, they show up on nearly everyone's desks, in people's folders, and on the floor. Yes, Sudoku is addicting, but i have a feeling that most of the people doing the sudoku puzzles would only be doing them if they were at school, versus sitting at home solving hundreds of 9 by 9 grids of number puzzles.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home