From my Perspective

This is a blog where I'll post anything at the top of my mind and a lot about my daily life and activities.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

A Delicious Bass

Well, as my previous posts claimed, I should have posted a long time ago, but I just kind of forgot about it lol. However, to make up for it I have a bunch of pictures and a detailed description of the tennis camp at MTU.

MTU Tennis Camp

Friday- We drove to Houghton in the morning and arrived at Mclain's State Park around noon. We set up the two tents and that kind of thing then me, my brother and his friend, kyle, went down to the shores of Lake Superior, which was really wavy because it was windy. We stayed there for about 2 hours then headed back. Around this time I had to leave to sign in for tennis camp. When we got there I was about 5 minutes late because we had to drop my dog off at a kennel, but they still gave me my meal card. When the non-commuters got to the Gates Tennis Center, I noticed quite a lot of people from Westwood, including graduate Dan Stam. Basically all we did was Forehands, Backhands, and Volley's, and Kevin, the head instructor, talked to us about a bunch of stuff. Also helping instruct were Jen from the MTU women's tennis team and Yassine from the men's team. Yassine came from Morocco. After it got done we went to Wal-Mart and there were bats flying all over inside, and Wal-Mart workers were running around with fishing nets trying to catch them. One worker reported that they catch about 10 bats a night. Then I came back to the campground and I could hardly sleep all night because it was so noisy.

Saturday- We worked on serves, lobs, overheads, and approach shots. Then we went to lunch, which wasn't that good at all. When we came back we worked on a few more things then at 3 we got to do an activity, which was going to the Varsity Club, where we just sat around and watched TV. By this point I was very tired, and we still had 4 more hours to go. We got back to the Tennis center and then started actually playing. Then we went to eat dinner which, again, was not that great. When we came back we just played some more then went home.

Sunday- This was evaluation day, where the instructors watched us closely while we played and wrote down the things we needed to improve on and the things we did good. We decided to stay another night at the campground, and I went swimming.

Here are some pictures:

Beach at Mclain's My brother and his friend Our campsite



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home