From my Perspective

This is a blog where I'll post anything at the top of my mind and a lot about my daily life and activities.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

I know where you live...

Wow it's been really long since I posted, so long that I can't even remember everything that I missed. I should really try harder to have a better blog. This one must be pretty blah and boring. Maybe I should read How Blogs Work again. I have found that once I discovered HowStuffWorks.com I visit it often because of how informative it is. Don't know how that fire extinguisher works?? Wondering how the pins get set up at the bowling alley??? get the answers instantly!

Recently I have noticed a big jump in satellite imagery accessibility for anyone, with the introduction of Google Earth, an amazing program that gives you the ability to view high-resolution images of almost any city in the world, and also high-resolution images of other popular areas, such as the Grand Canyon. An example of how good it works, when in a high-resolution area you can easily see cars. What's more, if you want to find something but don't know where it is, just type it in the Search area and it will locate and zoom in on it for you (providing the area exists and it is recognized by the program).

Last weekend was the Mickey-Johnson Tennis Tournament in Marquette. On saturday was the singles tournament. The first match I had was against a Marquette kid I think, and it went pretty good. I won the first set 6-4 and the second set 6-3. That moved me on to the second round. Again I played a kid from Marquette, and got killed (0-6, 0-6). Ouch. On Sunday I did the doubles tournament with Dan Stam (aka dan stam the tennis man). If you weren't in tennis you wouldn't get it lol. The first match we got killed because our opponents never lost a set all year. Anyways the score was 1-6, 0-6. This put us in the losers' bracket. Our second match we could have won easily, but I pretty much fell apart in the second half of the second set and choked. 7-6, 5-7, 4-6.

Right now I'm in DePere, WI at my cousin's house enjoying the nice weather, right now anyways. Oh btw I packed everything but my shirts that was real smart lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home