From my Perspective

This is a blog where I'll post anything at the top of my mind and a lot about my daily life and activities.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Ore to Shore mistake

I was mistaken on my place in the Junior Rock race at Ore to Shore. I actually took 4th place, as they said, but I forgot that they started each age group 2 minutes apart, and that each chip recorded everyone's individual time. Here is the email I got in response to my inquiry:




Superior Bike Fest
to me
More options Aug 23 (1 day ago)
Justin, I asked the timer about your question and here is his response:
The boy is mistaken; the result we have posted for him is correct. His age group is 14-16.

He was the second bike across the line; however, two other 12-13 age group riders starting later were faster; so Justin was the 4th Junior Rock male finisher, as we posted it.

Again, Justin was the second bike across the line; but the first bike across the line was also in the 14-16 age group, so Justin finishes second in his age group, as we posted it.
I hope that makes sense to you....three other people had faster times than you.
Sue

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home